KTVW leases Seattle location
October 1954 – KTVW TV Channel 13 subleased a steel and concrete building at 230 8th Avenue North in Seattle for auxiliary studios and offices. The building with 4,000 square feet of operating space was subleased from the Continental Coal Company. KTVW has ordered technical equipment for origination of some of its programs from the Seattle studios. Estimated cost of the equipment and installation $100,000. The station’s main studios, offices, and transmitter are in Tacoma. J. Elroy McCaw recently purchased broadcasting rights to Channel 13 from Carl E. Hammond who operated the station under the call letters KMO-TV. **Sub-leasing from Continental Coal Company! No wonder the reception was so damn hazy!! ** In it’s final days as KMO TV, Channel 13 did not broadcast on Mondays or Tuesdays.